Students who are enrolled in at least one class in Jacobs School of Music are eligible to rent a locker. Students who are not enrolled in a Jacobs School of Music will not be able to rent a locker.
Information about locker rental
- Locker fee for Fall and Spring semester: $41.62 each semester.
- Locker fee for Summer semester: $40.80.
- You can only request a locker in summer after the spring semester.
- Locker renewal requests start 4 weeks before the end of your locker rental due date.
- New locker rental requests start 3 weeks before the start of the semester or anytime during an active semester.
- Locker requests are assigned by first come – first serve.
- The lockers are only large enough for one instrument and one person.
- They are not meant to be used for multiple instruments or shared.
- If you need an additional locker for an additional instrument, you can request 1 additional locker 1 month after the beginning of each semester. You will be charged $41.62 for the additional locker. No price breaks for additional lockers. We first need to give each student a chance to receive a locker.
- Upon rental and during use, report any damage or needed repairs to Music Facilities office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive an email one month prior to the end of the current on-going semester asking if you want re-new your current locker, request a new locker or cancel your locker request for the next semester.
- If you do not renew and/or completely clean out the locker(s) by the end of your locker rent date, you will be charged the following fees:
- $35.00 late fee for not completely cleaning out the locker(s).
- Facilities will clean out all lockers and change the combination starting the week after each semester by removing all items that have been left inside the locker.
- An additional $35.00 fee will be added, if you have not picked up your items within 60 days.
- After 60 days, all non-music items will be delivered to the main IU Lost and Found location, Ballentine Hall – room 030.
- All music related items will be placed in Clouse Lounge with a sign saying “Free” for anyone who may want it.
- All lockers will come with a combination padlock. If you remove the padlock for your personal padlock, it will be cut off and you will be charged $20.00.
- Do not keep any food items in your lockers because it will attract insects and unpleasant odors.
- Should we have to clean out the locker because of food, you will be charged $20.00.
How to request a locker rental and cancel a locker rental
- Use the locker request form to submit your request. Do not send your request to the Facilities email address.
- You must fill in all the necessary information on the form for a locker to be assigned to you. If any information is missing, it will delay your request. You must use your IU email address. Not your personal email address.
- You can cancel your locker request / renewal up until your Bursar account is charged. The locker fee will appear on your Bursar account around mid to late September.
- If you cancel before your account has been billed, no fees will be added.
- If you cancel your locker within 1 week of your Bursar account being charged, you will be charged a $10.00 cancellation fee.
- After 1 week, cancellations won't be accepted.
If you have any questions, please contact the office:
Simon Music Building
Rm 031 – ground level