Music Information Technology Services is pleased to bring workshops to Jacobs School of Music staff and faculty. Unless stated otherwise, all workshops take place in the William and Gayle Cook Music Library.
The following schedule is subject to change.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): An Overview
- One-hour workshop geared towards faculty or staff. Led by staff from Indiana University's Office of the Registrar.
- Full-length video of faculty workshop.
Canvas: Basics I
- Hands-on, one-hour workshop covering the following topics:
- Global navigation and settings
- Course navigation and settings
- Assignments, Files, Syllabus, and Grade book
- Pages and Modules
Handout: Important Canvas terms.
- Two-hour workshop by Kenneth Elliott of UITS covering the following topics:
- Basic Lync settings (e.g., presence)
- Call forwarding
- Transferring voice calls
- Instant messaging
- File transfers
- Video calls
Useful resource:IU's Unicom How-To Guides
Canvas: Basics II
- 50-minute, hands-on workshop covering the following topics:
- Creating a practice site
- Managing course resources with "Pages"
- Creating appointment sign ups with "Scheduler"
- Creating assignments
- Participants use a small number of exercise files with which to accomplish the above tasks.
Handout: Canvas: Basics II