1/5 Comma Mean-Tone
- Tune A4 to fork. The number 4 indicates notes in the octave above middle C4.
- Tune A3 to A4. The number 3 indicates notes in the octave below middle C4.
- Tune F3 to A3 making a wide 3rd beating 1� beats per second.
- Tune C4 to F3 making a narrow 5th. 1/5 c. 5ths beat around 1� to 2 beats per second.
- Tune D4 to A3 making a wide 4th. 1/5 c. 4ths beat around 2+ beats per second.
- Tune G3 to C4 and D4. Make a wide G3C4 4th and a narrow G3D4 5th.
- Tune E4 making a wide C4E4 3rd beating 2 beats per second, and a narrow A3E4 5th.
- Tune B3 making a wide B3E4 4th and a wide G3B3 3rd beating 1� beats per second.
Play chords F3A3C4, G3B3D4, G3C4E4 and make adjustments as needed.
- Tune C3 to C4 making a good octave with a wide C3F3 4th and a narrow C3G3 5th.
- Tune D3 to D4 making a good octave with a wide D3G3 4th and a narrow D3A3 5th.
- Tune E3 to E4 making a good octave with a wide E3A3 4th and a narrow E3B3 5th. C3E3 3rd should beat 1 beat per second.
- Tune F#3 making a wide D3F#3 3rd and a wide F#3B3 4th. D3F#3 should beat faster than C3E3 and slower than F3A3.
- Tune G#3 making a wide E3G#3 3rd. E3G#3 should beat slower than F3A3.
- Tune Bb3 making a wide Bb3D4 3rd beating faster than G3B3 and slower than C4E4, and a wide F3Bb3 4th.
- Tune C#4 making a wide A3C#4 3rd beating faster than G3B3 and slower than Bb3D4, and a wide G#3C#4 4th and a narrow F#3C#4 5th.
- Tune Eb3 and Eb4 making a wide Eb3G3 3rd, a wide Bb3Eb4 4th, a narrow Eb3Bb3 5th and a good Eb3Eb4 octave. Eb3G4 3rd should beat faster than D3F#3 and slower than E3G#3.
- Tune F4,F#4,G4,G#4 etc. checking 4ths,5ths and octaves.
- Tune C#3,B2,Bb2 etc. checking 3rds, 4ths, 5ths and octaves
- C 1/5 G 1/5 D 1/5 A 1/5 E 1/5 B 1/5 F# 1/5 C# 1/5 G# ** Eb 1/5 Bb 1/5 F 1/5 C
Cents, Beats and Frequencys for 1/5 Comma Mean-Tone