Recital and Program Creation Form
- How to Access the Program Creation Form
- How to Create a Program from an Off Campus Computer
- How to Enter Recital Program Information
- Recital Program Contact Information
- Recital Setup Information
- Program Creation Form
- Please use Internet Explorer or Safari to access the Program Creation Form. Do not use Google Chrome. The Program Creation Form does not work in Google Chrome.
- Complete the Program Creation Form from an on-campus computer, if possible. Instructions for using the Program Creation Form from an off-campus computer can be found below. Please use Internet Explorer or Safari. Do not use Google Chrome.
- On this website you will be able to complete the following steps:
- Select a JSoM recital hall, and a choose from available recital dates and times
- Request an alternate location outside of JSoM performance halls
- Create a program
- Send your instructor/recital committee an automated approval request email
- You will receive confirmation emails from the online system as you complete each required step and reminder emails for required next steps.
- Please be sure to carefully read all instructions at How to Schedule a Recital.
Note: You are required to complete a new Program Creation Form, if you canceled a recital in a previous semester.
How to Use the Form from an Off-Campus Computer
- If you are accessing this from an off-campus computer, you will first need to connect to IU VPN (Virtual Private Network).
- To connect to VPN, please go to https://kb.iu.edu/d/aygt and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT: Do not enter duplicate composers, titles, or movements
- Please remember the following when entering new composers and/or compositions into the database:
- The title of each work, including key and opus numbers
- "BWV" numbers for J.S. Bach; "K" numbers for Mozart; "D" numbers for Schubert
- If the work does not have opus numbers, put the year of the composition
- Spell out key signatures: C-Sharp, B-Flat
- "Major" and "Minor" are both capitalized
- Enter the full name of each composer with birth and death years
- Tempo markings or names of movements
- Person's name who plays an obbligato (place following the work)
- For an aria or art song, enter the work from which it comes first; then enter the title of the aria or art song
- Correct spellings and placement of accent marks are YOUR responsibility.
- UNDERGRAD - BME, BSOF, BM Jazz and BM Composition recitals:
- Choose either "Student" or "Senior" recital. DO NOT SELECT "Junior" recital.
- Composition students: you must include the year of composition and duration of each piece in the title field of the program creation form, and also indicate somewhere the instrumentation of each piece. The "Additional details" field can be used to indicate this information.
- Assisting Performers: Recitals may include the participation of no more than 13 assisting performers and a conductor. All must be available for a hearing, if required.
- Participation by assisting performers must not interfere with their lessons, ensemble assignments or academic responsibilities. Chamber music credit is available to the assisting performers only if they have registered and arranged specifically for that credit.
- Special rules apply to conducting, composition, and jazz studies recitals that use Jacobs School of Music ensembles or specially-assembled groups; consult the appropriate department for information.
- The online recital database is automatically populated. As a result, extra "Froms" may be added to the automated recital program. They will be removed from the final recital program. To confirm "groupings" of sets, please feel free to contact the Recital Program Office (musprgrm [at] indiana [dot] edu).
- For any program changes, please contact the Recital Program Office (PB113, 855-0818; e-mail: musprgrm [at] indiana [dot] edu). Changes to the program three weeks prior to the recital will not be charged an additional fee. Changes that are submitted less than three weeks prior to the recital may be subject to an additional fee.
- For any questions about creating your program, please contact musicits [at] indiana [dot] edu or musprgrm [at] indiana [dot] edu.
- Students should submit a recital setup form two weeks before their recital date.
- If you require technology or any other setup for your recital, please read this page for more information.
- Click here to access the Recital Setup Form
- Recital Setup personnel will only be provided for recitals in Auer Hall, Ford-Crawford Hall, and Recital Hall, not for alternate locations such as Sweeney Hall, rehearsal rooms, or elsewhere on- or off-campus.
- Recitals at 11am, 12pm, and 10pm are not guaranteed to be staffed by Recital Setup personnel.
- If you have any questions about completing the Recital Setup Online form, please email Andy Stoute at astoute [at] indiana [dot] edu.
Dress Rehearsal Information
- You may schedule a 1-hour dress rehearsal as soon as your recital is approved. In order to secure a dress rehearsal time, please email the Scheduling Office or stop by the office in MU116, 8am-12pm / 1pm-5pm.