How to Schedule an Event
Please note: This page is for instructions on how faculty and staff can schedule any type of event, such as a Faculty Recital, Guest Recital/Masterclass, Studio/Class Recital, ensemble concert, chamber music concert, etc.; as well as how a student representative can schedule an event for their University Student Organization. If you are a student scheduling a recital, please see How to Schedule a Recital.
The following are the basic steps to scheduling and planning a Jacobs School event. Below, we will go into detail about each of these steps.
- Submit the Faculty Event Request Form to the Scheduling Office. The Scheduling Office will reserve the date/time/location for the event.
- PCC review
- Schedule dress rehearsal (Scheduling Office)
- Submit program (Music Program Office)
- Discuss any publicity needs with the Office of Communications
- Request any technical needs
- Audio needs: Department of Audio Engineering and Sound Production
- Projector needs: Music ITS and Recital Setup
- Live streaming: IUMusicLive
- Any other technical needs: ask us and we’ll point you in the right direction
(1) In order to request an event, first submit a Faculty Event Request Form via email to the Scheduling Office, and we will then work with you to find an available location, date, and time for the event. In addition to serving as a request form, the Faculty Event Request Form contains a great deal of important information about setting up events. Please familiarize yourself with the info there.
Alternatively, events may be requested via email, but requests must provide all information that is required in the Faculty Event Request Form. Incomplete requests will not be accepted, and you will be asked to complete all the information before your request can be fulfilled.
When you submit an event request, we’ll ensure that we find a time that won’t conflict with other events that might have overlapping audiences or participants. Please note that all events are subject to deadlines each semester. This is to preserve hall space toward the end of the semester, in order to ensure that we are able to accommodate enough student recitals in the halls.
Please check the relevant deadline before you request your event. Deadlines are listed here.
Please also note additional policies governing faculty recitals and guest recitals here.
University Student Organizations (USOs) and Self-Governed Student Organizations (SGSOs): Please familiarize yourself with the JSoM Policy for University Student Organizations and Self-Governed Student Organizations. If you do not have a copy of this document, please reach out to Alain Barker and the Office of Entrepreneurship and Career Development, or to the Scheduling Office.
(2) Once we find a date/time/location that works, we’ll submit the event for review by the PCC Agenda Subcommittee. This process is to ensure that everything goes smoothly, by allowing more faculty and staff with different perspectives to look for possible problems with the scheduling. (Example: the committee always has a representative from the Department of Audio Engineering and Sound Production, who might catch possible conflicts in recording personnel and equipment needs between concerts, which we might not foresee in the Scheduling Office.) If the committee sees any concerns or has a question, we will reach out to you; if no issues are apparent, your event will be approved and you will be notified via e-mail.
When you receive notification that your event is approved, you will then be able to do the following:
(3) Request a dress rehearsal time from the Scheduling Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(4) Submit your event program to the Music Program Office, email@example.com, at least two weeks prior to the recital date.
(5) Discuss any publicity needs/requests with the Office of Communications via the Communications Request Form located here: https://www.music.indiana.edu/departments/offices/communications/marketing-request-form.shtml
(6) Request any technical needs: more information here.